What Compensation Is Available To An Injured Worker In Iowa?

If you suffer a work-related injury or illness that prevents you from working, you may be entitled to income and benefits from workers' compensation. However, it often takes an attorney's help to receive all of the benefits you are due.

At the law firm of Rick Schmidt, Attorney at Law, in Des Moines, we offer a free consultation to explain your rights and answer your questions about workers' compensation. We offer this consultation with no obligation to hire us to represent you. Call 866-322-1963 to talk to a lawyer with more than 20 years of experience representing injured workers in Iowa.

You may be entitled to the following benefits if you are injured on the job or suffer from an occupational illness:

  • Temporary wage replacement benefits while you are off work and recuperating
  • Partial wage replacement benefits if you can return to work but not at full duty
  • Compensation if you suffer a permanent physical impairment
  • Job retraining benefits if you are unable to return to your old job
  • Free medical care for your work-related injury or illness

Iowa workers' compensation laws are changing, so it is imperative to discuss your case with a lawyer who stays up-to-date on the law.

Were you injured by someone other than your employer?
If you were injured in a work-related car accident, by a defective product, by a contractor or someone else who does not work for your employer, you may be entitled to additional compensation under our civil justice system. We will fight for all the compensation you are due.

For Help With A Work-Related Injury Or Accident

If you are injured on the job, you should report the injury to your employer as soon as possible. If you wait longer than 90 days, you may not be able to recover workers' compensation benefits. You have up to two years from the date of your injury to file a claim.

To talk to a lawyer about your claim, call 866-322-1963 or complete our simple contact form.